Monday, March 8, 2010

Good Bye My Friend


I have been saying for months I am going to quit my DC habit. I drink way too much and it is messing with my energy levels and overall well being. Also, it is really important to me to teach Jack and Dane (by example) healthy eating. My sister and mom have been hearing me say every Monday that I am done... but then 2:00 rolls around and I can't remember why I ever had such a ridiculous idea. I thought I could do the 1 can a day plan, ha! One can always turned into a whole lot more (I do not want to reveal how much I actually drink). If I was capable of practicing moderation I wouldn't need to quit cold turkey. Anyway, I did a little research on why diet coke is REALLY unhealthy and I can not ignore it. Muggs is always encouraging me to eat cleaner and to eat REAL foods. I finally watched the documentary Food Inc. and I had a real "ah ha" moment. So tonight I am saying good bye my good old pal, diet coke with a lime.

To the 4 of you who read this blog, the upcoming posts will probably be really boring... In an effort to stay on track I am going to do regular postings of my caffeine free progress. I can do this right? I mean come on, I have had babies and ran marathons... I can kick my caffeine dependency to the curb... (Just trying to pump myself up)

8 comments:

Katie Waldron said...

You can totally do it!!! I can't say I don't drink it at all but I did a major detox before I got pregnant & some days I don't even drink it.

Crystal light helped me wean off & then straight up water. Keep a huge water bottle on you at all times & it will help too. Good luck!! You can do it!!! Food Inc was so good huh!! Loved it.
Your boys are so beautiful by the way. XOXO
Celine

Nicole said...

You can do it Marianne! I think it helps to not have it in the house at all. It helps also to be a miser like me who is too cheap to buy it.

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

OH man...good luck. Me and the Dr.P are joined at the hip...I still have one a day even while I'm pregnant. I know its bad, I'm in big trouble. So good luck my friend...You CAN do it!

Jen christensen said...

Look I'm reader number four! Good for you Marianne! Seriously you are superwoman. This will be a piece of cake for you. Wish you could have come this weekend.

Unknown said...

I want to be considered one of the four who read your blog! Good Luck with kicking the habit I know you can do it!...just don't go to the extreme and quit chocolate PLEASE! Love ya MOM

m said...

you are the most bad ass sister ever! you have got this.

-muggs

Annie said...

good for you! you're making me look bad as i (and my baby in utero) guzzle a 32 ouncer!

Anonymous said...

This post makes me sad! I feel like I take it personally when one of my bf's decides to drop dc! Blah!
Sending you "Good Luck" wishes as I guzzle my Route 44 Sonic!!
xoxo